Friday, August 9, 2013

MMPR // 1.11 "No Clowning Around" [review]

            Here we have a cliché episode, sure, but the payoff is getting to see the Power Rangers fight clowns, so I suppose it’s worth it.  

            While at the fair, Trini’s cousin or whoever is explicitly told not to wander off, but does she listen?  You know, I’m starting to think that if people just became better prepared and were better listeners than maybe half of these problems wouldn’t arise to begin with, am I right?

            The evil clowns at the fair kidnap the girl and it’s up to the Power Rangers to get her back.   I’d like to say that this episode had some sort of homage to “Killer Klowns from Outer Space”, but it seemed to be your standard looking clowns fighting here—they didn’t get too overly creative. 

            Also, I have a very bad feeling that if in the next few years anyone ever ran out of ideas for Power Ranger episodes and needed to revisit this plot, the evil clowns would be played by the Insane Clown Posse.   MMPR vs. ICP?   I’d take a pass on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment